Hallos! My Name is Matthew

Hallo, everyone! I went to the Maker Monday this week and decided to join!

I enjoy board games, reading, video games, and rock climbing, and of course, building things. I currently don’t live in Wichita, but I live close by in Clearwater. I am currently a student at WSU Tech for part of their Electronics Technology Program, I went to Cowley College and took a course called Mechatronics. I also know some german from learning it on Duolingo for over a year now.

I have been currently working on an electric bicycle at home very slowly. :sweat_smile: I want to finish a wooden clock project from high school, so I will need to take the Woodshop Safety Class. :grin: I want to start some projects in the future with my random electronic bits with the Arduinos that I have laying around at home.

7 Likes

Welcome! Happy to have you!

1 Like

Welcome, it sounds like you will fit right in.

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome aboard Matthew! I was at a job fair today and was talking to a company that builds the electronics for police cars and thought of you. Their focus is in communications. I would encourage you or anyone else interested to reach out to Jim at Ka-comm. Here’s his contact info. Seemed like a great company!

1 Like

Welcome!

Actually if your looking for a job we have an awesome intern program at Integra. Don’t apply for the test operations position, let them know you want to be an engineering student.

1 Like

Hi Matthew! Fancy seein you here! I think we played board games one time after meeting on the Wichita Discord group, haha. Hope to see you around the space!!

“…we have an awesome intern program at Integra…”
Yeah, but would they believe a 60+ year old would work as an intern?

Yea… I was a student and they believed me…

2 Likes

I guess technically, I am a college senior…I just took time off when my dad died (in 2017).

Welcome Matthew!

Have you checked out the Kansas Cliff Club for club bliss?

The Cliff Club has an 80ft tower that’s less than ten minutes from MakeICT. They also have a Facebook page that gets groups together to go climbing, spelunking, and hiking out in Oklahoma and Colorado.

1 Like

@Ethan.Doak I remember meeting up with you once at Sente, sadly that place is now close forever.

1 Like

@rustin.atkeisson I have not checked out that climbing place before. Haven’t really climbed that much since high school.

Thanks @Paula! I’ll look into it.

@james.a.seymour, what exactly is the program?

We give you money to do whatever my evil heart desires.

There is a lot of troubleshooting, some assembly, a little code, and a lot of sarcasm

2 Likes

Welcome Matthew, glad you found us

1 Like