Gretchen thread

Howdy all,

I’ve been a drawer forever, a painter sometimes, a paper mache-er longer ago than I’d like, a sometime pot-thrower, a scenic artist and designer for theater, a haphazard jewelry-maker, a dabbling leatherworker, a published political cartoonist, a stilted sewer, an epoxy resin whirlwind, and more recently during pandemic times a woodworker.

I spent a chunk of my stimulus check on a miter saw and have been happily trying out stuff in my garage since then. But there’s so much more I want to learn, and I’ve gotten kind of stir-crazy from so many hours alone being a mad scientist artist, hence deciding to jump the gun and join MakeICT.

Thanks for having me! I’ve met a few people already and am really excited about all of the amazing talent and skills of everybody associated with this place.

Here’s a public gallery I made on Facebook recently of projects from the last year or so. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=gretchen.koch.94&set=a.10159408105665289

11 Likes

Cool! Welcome aboard…

1 Like

She also worked on the float for Storytime Village. Thanks for the help and welcome to our community.

1 Like

Welcome, looking forward to meeting you.

1 Like

I’m planning to come to Member Orientation this evening. Please let me know in advance, if you can, if there are any initiation rituals that involve blood-letting or sacrifice, so I can make sure and wear the appropriate shoes and bring some rubber gloves.

3 Likes

Lol we would be like

“Dude that blood would be great in the garden”
“I was going to use it as a glaze”
“I always wanted to dye wool with blood”

3 Likes

I did I hear Bloodmeal’s back on the menu?