Great Plains Ren Fest

I can’t do Thursday.

How’s Saturday at 10am?

2 Likes

That works for me! Thanks.

Added the meeting to the calendar.

For those interested in selling stuff at the Renaissance fair:

Davis and Rich (the event organizers) are planning to be at the meeting tomorrow at 10am to help answer any questions.

6 Likes

We’re still meeting today though?

1 Like

I’ll be there

1 Like

Here with the AC on.

1 Like

Yes 10am

···

On Sat, Sep 3, 2022, 9:07 AM Katherine Conrad via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| KatieOfConrad MakeICT Member
September 3 |

• | - |

We’re still meeting today though?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Rustin got the canopy in yesterday.
We took a look and making a facade in the general shape of the attached screenshot (relief carved to look like stone) would take 6 pieces of 1/4" ply, 6 pieces of 1" foam board, paint, and scrap that we could scavenge around the facility.
I’d estimate material costs at around $350

Edit: I’ll be making more detailed drawings this evening.

3 Likes

How wide is the entrance? I’d go smaller on the gate to give vendors more coverage from ‘the elements’

1 Like

As shown was 12’ I think. I wouldn’t go under ten. We can make it to generously accomodate curtains too.
Edit: @rustin.atkeisson actually, I think 12’ is appropriate. A wider entrance with heavy curtains will be far more versatile.

Idea: cheap area rugs for curtains, could look pretty baroque

That sounds like a good plan - curtains and tarps are easier to store than walls.

It doesn’t look like waterproof outdoor curtains are all that expensive and they do come in plenty of colors if we went the reds or grey’s route. That might even be something easily made from that duck cloth Malissa keeps talking about.

1 Like

I figured rugs might apear robust enough to add an element of security as well

A rug might be robust, but it would be very heavy, probably prohibitively heavy, used as a curtain.

Can I suggest using actual curtains for this purpose, such as this?

4 Likes

Modern rugs are probably lighter than the curtains… and curtains probably start getting expensive at 9’ tall and 14’ wide. I’m not married to the idea, whatever looks best and is cheapest

My rugs are heavier than my curtains. Other considerations - can we source rugs 9’ long? I usu see 5x8 as the largest of the cheap options. How would we hang the rugs? How well will they retract back when open?

Seeing specific options of both types would probably be wise. Also knowing how the rods will be hung to support them and what weight they can take would be smart. The rods I have at home require a center support for a 6’ wide space.

1 Like

We’d definitely make custom rods.

Even thin area rugs don’t drape and fold like curtains.

Where is this going to be kept when not in use? How small will it break down to? Truly curious

2 Likes

The facade will be big. 1-1/4 thick panels ranging from2’x4’, 2’x8’ to odd shaped 4’x8’ and a variety of 2x framing members up to 16’ in length.

1 Like