Fundraiser for new 3D printers (and my sanity)

Do they also give Haribo Gummy Bears with the Prusa Mini? If so, the Mini is half the price, smaller footprint and a similar quality workhorse printer… PLUS 2x the Gummy Bears.

Three people have clicked on this link so far. Get a goin’ folks! Dollars for the fab lab! :dollar: :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I’m thinking if a bunch of folks sent a little you’d be there in no time - here’s a 4th click from the pacific northwest - good luck with the fundraising!

7 Likes

Patrick, I didn’t know the fundraiser had started. It was luck that I noticed Cathyb’s post in the summary this morning or else I still wouldn’t have known to donate online. Christian, is there any way you could publicize this more? I suspect many like me are very busy and don’t notice all of the posts on the forum. Could you send an email or something to the membership? Was it included in the last newsletter? I haven’t had a day off in over a month getting this new basement ready to set the house on and have lost track of nearly everything not involved in my project… Hope my $55 helps get you to the goal. Good luck!

3 Likes

I can do some social media post next week, to help bolster our cause. I’ve also suggested we need more options for donations, such as cash app or Venmo.

1 Like

Input:
I have used several printers and while I agree the prusa is definitely a top notch printer, we might also consider the regular ender 3 pro I absolutely :100: love this machine I tell anyone who ask that this is a well rounded machine. I’ve seen these on Amazon for 189$ and even less expensive during sales we could buy 4 machines for the price of one prusa.
Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

I started with an Ender 3 Pro and the maintenance time required on it was crazy no to mention the reliability, ganted i made 16k off the 1 printer but it was stressful. Now i have 3 MK3s’s and LOVE them, things just work and there’s very little maintenance required, though when something does break it requires more time fixing, however well worth it. I’ve not touched the Ender line since however i have heard great things about the V2, but that time is long gone, Prusa’s for me and if they ever release the XL i’ll get 2 as soon as possible.

1 Like

Not a fan of v2 if anyone has a working ender 3 pro and wants to upgrade to a v2 I would swap them straight across.

Seems upgrades and repair access is even more limited on v2

1 Like

Is this fundraising still ongoing? I somehow missed this along the way.

2 Likes

Yes, it is still going. In some respects it hasn’t fully started. I’m going to be sending out an update tomorrow once I get info on where we currently stand. I’ll be sending out an email to catch people who don’t keep up with the forum. Feel free to publicly shame me if I don’t get things sent tomorrow. I’ve been needing to do this for a while but keep putting it off.

The PayPal link is still active for those who want to use it. Cash/check in the drop box at the front desk is an option for those who prefer it, just make sure it is clearly marked as being for the 3D printer fundraiser. I also wouldn’t mind a message if you pay offline so I know what to look out for.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. Keep an eye out for more info tomorrow.

6 Likes

Okay, I didn’t get it sent out yesterday, but I did it this morning. An email has been sent to all active members that are authorized to use the 3D printers. If you expected to receive an email and didn’t let me know.

I’ll see if I can post a copy here, but the quick update is that we have so far collected $913.49 in donations, and have about $400 more in pledges that have not been collected yet. I created a form for people to vote on how to use funds if we raise more than $1600: https://forms.gle/aJhqxpkKfc5UwPh77

5 Likes

With the funds approved at the last board meeting and some additional donations that have come in we are now sitting at $1970 collected and about $300 in pledges that have not been collected. That puts us pretty close to getting a 3rd printer, which is currently the only option in the survey that has gathered more than one vote.

We’re planning to make a purchase tonight to take advantage of the free shipping and extra goodies they are currently offering, so if you’re still planning to make a donation today would be a very good time.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this fundraiser, you are all awesome!

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=TQSMHY27P324J
Survey: https://forms.gle/aJhqxpkKfc5UwPh77

7 Likes

Fantastic!!

1 Like

My memory is a bit fuzzy from the board meeting and I can’t check the minutes right now. I thought the motion was supplement the fundraising for the two printers up to an amount ($600), not here is $600.

Can someone from the board confirm what was said, or someone can check the minutes for the wording of the motion.

I was not able to attend the meeting and I’ve had several conversations with different people about this so it’s possible I’m mistaken, but that’s not what I understood.

Here are the meeting notes:

*Motion Jai, Second by Doug

Appropriate from cash reserves:

$683 to supplement donations for 2 PRUSA 3D printers

$500 to replace parts in 10 of the existing laptops to increase usability

$1183 total
Votes: 7 yes 0 no 1 abstain (no tie)

Are we selling old printers or just adding these

I did ask about what happens to the money the board approved if the continued fundraising efforts raises more money. I know there was discussion of the leftover money approved by the board being returned, but I believe somebody also said that it might be a good idea to go ahead with the excess funding other 3d printing necessities. I don’t recall off hand what the final decision was.

We’ll probably sell off the CR-10s once we get these installed. And the Rostock, but that one hasn’t even been in use. We may have a couple other random printers laying around as well.

@tom.bloom @whateg01
I talked to Jai and Bev and they agreed that it was intended to count the whole amount towards the fundraiser.

2 Likes

The 2 new printers that we ordered have arrived! I’ll work on setting up a time to do the assembly soon.

6 Likes

Chris, met you as a vender At Open House.I was the senior of the two selling things created with the technology.

Contact me, I think I can help everyone involved out.

1 Like