Fundraiser for new 3D printers (and my sanity)

Okay, I didn’t get it sent out yesterday, but I did it this morning. An email has been sent to all active members that are authorized to use the 3D printers. If you expected to receive an email and didn’t let me know.

I’ll see if I can post a copy here, but the quick update is that we have so far collected $913.49 in donations, and have about $400 more in pledges that have not been collected yet. I created a form for people to vote on how to use funds if we raise more than $1600: https://forms.gle/aJhqxpkKfc5UwPh77

5 Likes

With the funds approved at the last board meeting and some additional donations that have come in we are now sitting at $1970 collected and about $300 in pledges that have not been collected. That puts us pretty close to getting a 3rd printer, which is currently the only option in the survey that has gathered more than one vote.

We’re planning to make a purchase tonight to take advantage of the free shipping and extra goodies they are currently offering, so if you’re still planning to make a donation today would be a very good time.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this fundraiser, you are all awesome!

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=TQSMHY27P324J
Survey: https://forms.gle/aJhqxpkKfc5UwPh77

7 Likes

Fantastic!!

1 Like

My memory is a bit fuzzy from the board meeting and I can’t check the minutes right now. I thought the motion was supplement the fundraising for the two printers up to an amount ($600), not here is $600.

Can someone from the board confirm what was said, or someone can check the minutes for the wording of the motion.

I was not able to attend the meeting and I’ve had several conversations with different people about this so it’s possible I’m mistaken, but that’s not what I understood.

Here are the meeting notes:

*Motion Jai, Second by Doug

Appropriate from cash reserves:

$683 to supplement donations for 2 PRUSA 3D printers

$500 to replace parts in 10 of the existing laptops to increase usability

$1183 total
Votes: 7 yes 0 no 1 abstain (no tie)

Are we selling old printers or just adding these

I did ask about what happens to the money the board approved if the continued fundraising efforts raises more money. I know there was discussion of the leftover money approved by the board being returned, but I believe somebody also said that it might be a good idea to go ahead with the excess funding other 3d printing necessities. I don’t recall off hand what the final decision was.

We’ll probably sell off the CR-10s once we get these installed. And the Rostock, but that one hasn’t even been in use. We may have a couple other random printers laying around as well.

@tom.bloom @whateg01
I talked to Jai and Bev and they agreed that it was intended to count the whole amount towards the fundraiser.

2 Likes

The 2 new printers that we ordered have arrived! I’ll work on setting up a time to do the assembly soon.

6 Likes

Chris, met you as a vender At Open House.I was the senior of the two selling things created with the technology.

Contact me, I think I can help everyone involved out.

1 Like