Front door is freaking out

The front door is constantly ringing the bell stopping the key readers from working.

I have put a pen cap in the door bell as a Temporary fix but it will go nuts again as soon as someone uses the door bell!

If anyone knows this system and how to fix it I’ll buy you a soda if you get it working.

The doorbell uses a magnet and a reed switch. The reed switch on the inside is in a threaded case for adjustments. The distance of the reed switch from the magnet in the latch may just need to be adjusted. You can also try completely unscrewing it to disable the doorbell. Or just open up the white box and unplug the doorbell completely.

1 Like

Doorbell is now unplugged but the door is still not allowing access

The logs show that the key is being accepted, so it is an issue with the strike not releasing. It could be a loose wire to the strike. Or the magnetic switch that detects if the door is opened could be having an issue (it won’t unlatch if it thinks the door is open). Could be a loose wire on that, or the magnet could be out of position.

It also never hurts to hit the reset button on the arduino and see if that helps.

I think I’m getting it fixed but some of the audio is malfunctioning

1 Like

And I got it fixed thanks Christian!!!

5 Likes

Less than an hour ago someone can in the front door after the back door failed to release. I heard the tone from the front as he had scanned repeatedly at the back door.

We went back to the back door and then it seemed to work fine. (Probably because it just wanted attention like a little kid or a dog or some of our fellow adult humans).

Mike

2 Likes

Sometimes people don’t think to pull the door before pushing it.

1 Like