Freeze drying

What an awesome idea for a maker space.
Any intrest in a shared cost freeze drying system for MakeIct? Freeze drying is a fun and exciting way to preserve food for up to 25years! Just wanted to suggest this! This is a first post so nothing has been discussed yet. The cost of a decent harvest right system is 3500$ if there is enough serious intrest say 35 people willing to chip in 100$ this would be an awesome way to share the cost of this amazing machine. Of course all approval would have to go through normal channels.

2 Likes

Could you post a link to the equipment?

1 Like

It takes 20-40 hours each run. Just a heads up for people thinking its instant.

1 Like

Ya I would recommend an instructor led operation class to help offset the cost

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/21/22 12:56 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: frankmitchell4741@gmail.com
Subject: [MakeICT] Freeze drying

JeremiahB
August 21

It takes 20-40 hours each run. Just a heads up for people thinking its instant.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Disreguard we just decided to buy one for home use

So we have had our machine about two weeks now we have had it going non stop we have freeze dried a lot of stuff!

kiwi fruit
Bananas
chicken bites
Peaches and many other Fruits
watermelon was a big hit
We’ve even tried some candy Like Skittles and saltwater taffy
Today we had gotten 8 butternut squash We cooked it and then we are making it into Butternut squash powder To be used in various recipes Thanks Cox farm For the great price on these.
We have also tried ham and eggs peppers and onions then rehydrated into an omelette I was pleasantly surprised that these tasted just like they were cracked out of the shell.
A friend of ours gave us some okra and we freeze dried it. We also freeze dried some cucumbers that we have season with ranch dressing Powder they came out like little healthy chips. This is going to be a great investment And plan to use it for years to come In the future I may plan on getting a second one to keep up.

3 Likes