Free Photography Printer

Hey everybody, we have a new-in-box Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II Photography printer. It came in a bundle package for a new Canon printer years ago but we never used it. Would be great if one of the labs had a use for it. If not then anyone at MakeICT is welcome to it.
Thanks
Jerry

4 Likes

@ladeana @URUKim @kim

1 Like

This would tie into the new visual arts area. I other printers currently reside in @Printmaking and @Electronics

3 Likes

I can bring it up to the space saturday morning if needed.

2 Likes

This is really amazing! I have a similar printer that uses the same print head and inks, but doesn’t print as large as this one and likely not as fast. The inks are archival and the resolution might be the highest resolution image reproduction most people have ever seen. I truly love mine. This isn’t a regular office printer.

The inks can get expensive on these so there should be a donation jar nearby with recommended donations per page. These use chromalife ink, which is expensive and trying to replace it with cheap 3rd party inks can messup the prints and print head.

This is a really special printer! Thank you @jerryjacot

5 Likes

sounds like it should be useful for the space then. I’ll drop it off later this morning. I’ll leave it in the office area unless someone has a better place to drop it?

4 Likes

I left the printer in the office area. Hard to miss. In a big Canon box.

3 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you!!! It’s been labeled for Visual Arts and is temporarily being stored in Jewelry.

4 Likes