Foot in the Door

I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned this here. Anyone else submitting work to Foot in the Door an open call from the Wichita Art Museum? Works must be 12" x 12" max with or without frame. Must use wire for hanging on screw eyes 1/3 way down from top. Deadline to enter is Monday. You can get all the details here:
https://www.wichitaartmuseum.org/programs_events/footinthedoor

3 Likes

My submission was dropped off today

3 Likes

Yes. I am going to exhibit the above painting. I hope people can look at it and relate to the feelings we’ve all had in 2020. The title is “Ambiguity 2020”. I had to have a name for the work when I entered back in August. I had no idea what I was going to exhibit so I pulled that title out of my head.
This is fluid acrylic background, a double exposed photo, and the covid are made from a package of googly eyes that I spray painted and then glued every bead onto each circle.
I hope you all take advantage of this exhibit. It’s amazing how much talent there is in this community. And I am humbled to be a part of this exhibit.
Gail

4 Likes

Love it. I can totally relate.

1 Like

Beautiful good depiction of this craziness! Thank you for sharing hope it goes well!!

1 Like

I did a Magiciany looking guy,

2 Likes

Cute!

1 Like