Fluke multimeter MIA

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the Fluke multimeter that lives in the electronics room? It’s been at least two weeks since I last saw it.

1 Like

I googled that to see what it looks like. If you’re talking about the yellow one, there was one I used last Monday. Closet wall, north side, top shelf —> that’s over my head, so it may or may not have been placed in the box or on the shelf or behind the box on the shelf with the rest of the multimeters.

If that’s wasn’t it, I don’t know.

Good hunting!

3 Likes

No idea what one is , what it looks like or used for. Good Luck finding it

1 Like

This seems to be a common occurrence and will continue for the foreseeable future.

A very frustrating fact I soon discovered, if I wanted to accomplish Anything quickly or efficiently at MakeICT, I had to bring many of my own tools.

I’m not exaggerating. I wasted so much time looking for normally common equipment. Secondly, then pray it was in working condition.

Someone with organizational skills should be able to find a workable solution. That would not be me.

1 Like

A large, (yellow) Fluke multimeter is in fact where Kez described (with another smaller multimeter on top).

North end, top shelf.

3 Likes

Well, for electronics specifically, I was working on organizing the lab and was making great progress.
Due to the heat and not being able to get the lab at a workable temperature, all of my efforts are now on hold until the weather cools down, or a new AC is installed - whichever comes first.

When I spoke to @rustin.atkeisson in June about fundraising for an AC, he said that could be something @Facilities finds/provides for cheap. My attempts to follow up by email have netted no response, so I’m just waiting for the weather to change so I can come back and continue organizing. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Fluke multimeters are usually yellow, but the one I think you’re talking about was made by Ideal, not Fluke.

The missing item looks very similar to this one:

2 Likes

The big Fluke hasn’t moved for many months, so far as I am aware. The smaller one is missing.

1 Like

I actually have a new (but faulty) Frigidaire window A/C that I would be willing to donate if someone with the necessary tools and knowledge can help me fix it. The electric parts seem to work, but it doesn’t produce cold air.

3 Likes

Then it’s a fan. Lol

Sorry, I’m being overly ornery today.

2 Likes

That’s amazing. Thanks.

I have neither the tools nor knowledge to help with this project, but I really hope you get assistance.

1 Like

Try opening the back outside and clean it with hot soapy water. Mine worked but no cold air. It was filled with Kansas red dirt and dust. After a good cleaning it works great.

1 Like

Good advice but not applicable in this case: mine has never been used (because defective) and is as clean as when it left the factory.

1 Like