Fence Idea

Something similar could be made with cement or cob/haybale/old tires as a base. Similar to the Air Ship houses in Arizona.

6 Likes

@michelle those are really awesome. Wouldn’t cob need to be protected from the weather? I know it can be used for building small buildings/houses, but I always thought there had to be a roof overhang to keep it from eventually getting washed away by rain. But I may be wrong about that. Still a cool idea though.

1 Like

You could do a cob base then stucco it to protect from weather

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to be a fence. The idea could easily be converted into walls. A small outdoor cob hut with an overhang roof looking out towards the creek. Something whimsical with a dirt roof and wild flowers cascading over the edges. Might be a cool space the school kids and the garden department could use their talents to plant flowers and food around it. Kids like Forts/club house type of buildings. It lets their imaginations free

3 Likes

I wonder if plastic water bottles could be used like bricks for the structure, then stucco or whatever. I bet there is some type of grant out there for recycle-school kids-cleaning environment-community project thing.

1 Like

Look up “Bottle walls” for some cool walls made with beer, soda and wine bottles.

3 Likes