Father's Day and Annual Meeting

As it is Father’s Day will there be an online option for attendings the Annual Meeting?

5 Likes

Also, is this a food shindig or just a meeting?

3 Likes

Not much info available

2 Likes

I thought elections were 48hours. This was qouted many times. But this flyer says 24hours.

3 Likes

Voting is 48 hours that was a mistake made in the email I noticed it as well, but only when I took the screen shot, and should have pointed it out when I posted it here.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarification Malissa

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has discussed having food at the meeting, so I would assume we didn’t plan to have it. (Too bad, it would have been a good idea.) If anyone wants to bring a snack, I am sure that would be welcome since we are running through the time I generally have my dinner. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was maybe not the greatest idea to schedule the annual meeting for this evening.

Those of us who are fathers or are close to fathers are spending time with family, and those of us with complicated relationships with, or are now missing their fathers (mine died in 2021 and I’m feeling it keenly today) are…not necessarily in the best state of mind.

8 Likes

Mine is a double whammy, as it’s also my husband’s birthday.

3 Likes

For some reason we missed that fact. (This isn’t the first time that has happened… so surprised we missed it.)

1 Like

It has been an exceptionally busy past few weeks. it’s understandable :smile:. Sorry I couldn’t make it Tell everybody I said hi though!

Should we have seen an election email? I can’t find it.

It should be out around 7a is what Doug said yesterday. He has to manually send it.
I would say if you haven’t seen anything by 11a, send an email to elections@makeict.org and let them know. :woman_shrugging:t3: I think that was the plan yesterday at least. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I received at 702 AM it’s out there now.

5 Likes

The Bylaws specify the Annual Meeting shall be held annually in June. The date shall be selected prior to May 31 and publicized to members electronically in two forms and posted in the space.

I would note, there are 2 recognized Holidays in June and one unrecognized Holiday. We have June 14 - Flag Day and June 19, Juneteenth. Since like Mother’s Day (2nd Sunday), Fathers Day always is the 3rd Sunday. It is not recognized by Federal or or levels of Government because it is always a Sunday.

I would suggest the Bylaws be amended to specifically avoid scheduling of Annual meetings or quarterly meetings on Holiday Weekends or Father’s Day. Quarterly meetings are September, December, March. Think Labor Day, multiple December Holidays, St Patricks Day.

Perhaps, the Bylaws should pick a date, or weekend to standardize the Annual Meeting. Perhaps a base Agenda should be set. Welcome, Speeches by Candidates for Board, other things that have become standard over 10 years of Annual Meetings.

John Nicholas

5 Likes

Who is eligible to vote in the elections and how do you get a ballot? I did not get one.

1 Like