FabLab Update

Greetings everyone.

A number of people know this, but I’m not sure it was really announced. I have agreed to be the FabLab lead for this year. We have been without an official lead for a while and I am in the process of getting caught up with some things.

It looks like we are starting to get pretty low on 3D printer filament, so I will be making an order soon. If anyone has any requests for colors or types, let me know. In the past we have used mostly Hatchbox brand filament and I’ll probably stick mostly to that, but might try a few other brands too.

There are a few pending repair issues with some of the 3D printers. Christian is getting parts and working on those issue. As always, if any problem shows up, please email fablab@makeict.org and let us know about it.

Also on my todo list is to get caught up on laser cutter maintenance. I’m not aware of any major problems currently, but there is a regular preventative maintenance schedule that should be followed as well as possible. To this end, I could use some help in the form of some assistants. If you are a regular laser cutter user and you would like to learn some of the basic maintenance and are willing to help keep us up to date, please let me know.

My schedule doesn’t allow me to spend as much time at the space as I’d like, but I’m going to try to be there a little more. If there are any concerns or suggestions, please email either fablab@makeict.org or feel free to contact me directly at steve.saner@makeict.org.

Steve Saner
FabLab Lead

5 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to do this for us!

Send me a list of what you need and I’ll get it ordered for you right away.

1 Like

@ssaner as we talked in the meeting, i want to help. Hit me up.

1 Like