Excited newbie ready to jump in!

I’m Mary. I’m eager to try lots of new things. I’ve already signed up for several classes. My husband will be at a few of them, too. I have a sewing studio and a painting studio, as well as a ceramics kiln and woodshop at home. I love using my scroll saws and painting folk art and whimsy on the wood I cut. I sew lots of folk art dolls, especially snowmen. I really want to learn how to use the laser cutter and plasma cutter, also how to throw on the potter’s wheel and screen print! See ya!

8 Likes

Cool! I remember you from the tour… I am sure you will have a great time here…

1 Like

Cool, I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks, Malissa! I met you briefly at a Maker Monday a few weeks ago. I love craft sewing. I hope to help with the bags and come to Textile Tribe soon.

1 Like

Thanks, Ladeana! It was a pleasure meeting you a few weeks ago! I mentioned you to my friend Mary D. (your walking buddy) last night at Bunco! She spoke highly of you!

1 Like

Hope to see you around. Sounds like you do a lot of neat things! I’m on the new member/ volunteer committee with ladeana if you ever want to join up on that one or any other committee let me know and I can probably help introduce you. It’s all volunteer run so the more help we get from members the better the space gets!

2 Likes

Welcome sounds like you have some wonderful talent. Looking forward to seeing you.
Angel Mejia

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome, Erik! I will keep your invitation in mind as I get more comfortable in the community. I’m always interested in helping when I can.

Hi Angel! I don’t know about talent! LOL I just love to learn and have a lot of interests! Thanks for the welcome!