Excited New Member

Hey all!
My name is Ethan Doak, I’m a hopeful who’s planning on being at an orientation tonight (who needs Christmas shopping right?) I’ll wear my ServoCity t-shirt :stuck_out_tongue:

My primary interests are Robotics. It’s what I live and breathe. I do R&D for https://www.servocity.com/ and https://www.gobilda.com/ and I couldn’t be happier.

I’m excited to get the chance to get back into woodworking, as well as learn more hands-on metalworking.

I’d love to be a part of this community! And if you’re needing help with motors/gearmotors (and controllers), servos, or any other robotics-related information, I’m happy to talk your ear off about it!

I’ll have to bring my current project to play with tonight too :slight_smile:

PS. I’m an Alum and Mentor of the FIRST Tech Challenge, which is something I’d love to bring to Wichita. If you have any High School Students who are hoping to get into building robots, I’d love to mentor a team or two :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome to the group! Look forward to meeting you in person!
I actually got some side projects I want to attempt to make out of a motorized wheel chair

1 Like

If my motorized wheelchair over at the new building goes missing, I’m gonna notice…

2 Likes

Lol moms old wheel chair my brother Jimmy and I use to joke who would get it when mom passed, we wanted to turn it into a robot of some kind. I ended up out living them both so I thought I would make a robot in his honor and name it Jimmy.

1 Like

Sounds like I need to step up my game and build my cosplay DUM-E unit…

It will be nice to have another electronics person around.

1 Like

Tom Rice has done a remote control lawnmower, and I know he’s into robotics, too. I’m sure there are a bunch of others. I’ve got my 1/3-completed r/c mower, which will probably sit in storage until after June elections. Is it time for a robotics group in the ERP, or a dedicated robotics area, or should we just do robotics get-togethers whenever?

3 Likes

Woo! I’m always happy to jump in and do RC and Robotics stuff, Cosplay is always especially fun because of the neat packaging you’ve got to fit into. I’m excited to meet you all!

A robotics night/meetup could be great fun.

2 Likes

@Ethan.Doak you left your usb stick in the laser computer. I’ll put it on the welcome desk by the front door.

2 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Welcome!

We’ve had a lot of interest in starting a FIRST team, we applied for grant money, but didn’t get it. We’re going to keep trying.

2 Likes

Welcome Ethan!!! Glad you found us.

2 Likes