Event notice: Acrylic Dirty Fluid Pour I (2018 Jul 21 - 2:00 pm)

Event:
Acrylic Dirty Fluid Pour I
MakeICT 1500 E Douglas Ave, Wichita, Kansas 67214
Starting:
2018 Jul 21 - 2:00 pm
Ending:
2018 Jul 21 - 4:00 pm
Register:
http://makeict.wildapricot.org/event-2993939

Instructor: Gail Fisher

This class will give you the basic skills needed to know how to do your own fluid acrylic pour paintings. This is a wonderful painting technique that anyone can learn. These are beautiful, colorful, and organic. Perfect for the frustrated creative artist with no painting experience or ability. NO PAINTING EXPERIENCE necessary. This is also a ton of fun!

You will create and take home with you your own archival painting. All supplies provided. This technique can also be used on most surfaces, such as furniture, metal, ceramics, anything you can put a coat of primer on. It is messy, so don’t wear anything you don’t want paint on!

To see examples of fluid acrylic paintings, check out Gail’s Facebook page,” Gail Pours”. Prepare to have fun! And watch that artist hiding inside of you finally appear!

The price for this event is $22.00 for MakeICT Members and $27.00 for Non-Members.

2 Likes

What material will participants be pouring on? And what size will the finished piece be?

@gail can you answer this?

Framed artists canvass is what we will be painting on. There will be two sizes of canvass to pick from. I actually haven’t decided yet. I believe they will be either a choice of a 12x12 and 11x14 or a choice between a 12x16 and 14x14. It’s dependent upon what size of boxes I can find to take them home in because they will be wet. If someone wants a particular size, call me and we can discuss. 316-393-4245. After this course, you should be able to tackle anything on your own.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply.

How about using coke flats? If that works I can bring some to the space. I also have plastic to cover the tables in the classroom, it’s stored under the table in Textiles.

FYI this is sold out.

Thank you for letting me know Kim.
Malissa I’ll take you up on the plastic to cover the tables.
I got fruit boxes from Sam’s but let’s talk about the coke flats for next time.
Thank you all for your help.
Gail

1 Like

We got this message on FB

Please let me know when you schedule another dirty pour basics class. My 17 year old, hates art and hates the world, son actually said he would do this with me. But my timing was off, as I waited for the perfect moment to approach him it happened to be the non perfect moment to sign up as you were already sold out. And I REALLY want to spend some quality time with him and have the bonus of something to show for it! Thanks

Yes, please do this again… I am going to be gone for this one…

Will do. Will try to let you two know before I post.

1 Like

I am interested in this class. It’s sold out so I’m unable to participate. Please have another one in the near future.

@gail you’re popular

That’s the good part about being new! :wink:

1 Like

One spot has opened up for this class.

Hi, Nichell,
I wanted to let you know we’ve had a late cancellation on the Fluid Acrylic Dirty Pour Class scheduled for tomorrow at 2:00. I realize it’s last minute but we’d love to have you! Just go to the event on the calendar and it will let you register.
If not this class, we’ll catch you on the next one.
Gail

Did anyone take pictures? Would like to see how everyone’s pours turned out.

Yes! I wasn’t sure about how to attach pics here so I posted them on my Face Book page, “Gail Pours”. They were the best first pours I’ve ever seen.

Do you mind if I share them to MakrICT FB or download them for here or instagram?

When do you plan on having another class? Please Please let me know so I can join the next class.Glad your class went so well