Esp based weather station

I bought one of these for my brother, and I thought it looked fun to play with, so I got one for me too. I didn’t follow the directions exactly, but the directions probably were an easier way to do it. In an hour or two i was able to get this up and running and its pretty neat. If your on the fence about this kit, pull the trigger. There are plenty of unused pins too.

3 Likes

You know… if we could set up one of those inside and outside MakeICT and have it report conditions to a web page widget or something it might offer some valuable info to members.

2 Likes

I’ll set one up inside the ERP lab and see if we can integrate it to the Wiki.

4 Likes

Hey hey!

I dropped off the weather station at the makerspace this afternoon. It needs some things before it can be working but at least it is down there. @Christian Kindel or @Patrick Hutchison … do we have an api key for openweather. Org or thingspeak. Org?

1 Like

I am not aware of such things.

I put together one I got for me, and soldered the wiring so that it’s a bit more clear. Figured I’d drop it somewhere so that if I have to put it back together agian I van remember how to do it.

1 Like

I see the ESP8266, the oLED display, the temp/humidity sensor, and the pressure sensor. What’s the other piece, the I2C device at the top?

Light sensor

2 Likes