Erik D's Works in Progress

Yes. Congrats! More positive stuff! Yeah!

Way to go!! :slight_smile:

Kez Cook

Board Member
MakeICT

kez@makeict.org

1 Like

That is awesome! You are quite the artist!

Thanks John! I should probably post more on my thread here.

It’s been a while since I posted here, but i painted a little forest critter today. I imagine he’s just a couple inches tall.

10 Likes

Wow! This is so cool

1 Like

Thanks! People keep calling it a frog. I could of made it more legible. It’s supposed to be a little mimicry creature that grows fern looking parts to blend in. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Erik, Where do you order your Basswood?

John

https://www.heineckewood.com/

Here’s something I made on the laser a while back. I was at my folks house for Christmas yesterday and saw it. The plate was from hobby lobby. Designed in corel draw. It’s a very similar program to inkscape just more refined for faster workflow.

1 Like

Can I use this in the President’s newsletter this month? Full credit, of course.

1 Like

Sure! Thanks David! That would be great! :grin:

1 Like

This is something that’s stayed with me for a long time. I heard it on a podcast and i just think it’s so well written I wanted to share it with everyone here.

There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening
that is translated through you into action,
and because there is only one of you in all time,
this expression is unique.

If you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost.
The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is; nor how valuable it is;
nor how it compares with other expressions.
It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly,
to keep the channel open.

You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work.
You have to keep open and aware directly
of the urges that motivate you.

Keep the channel open.
No artist is pleased.
There is no satisfaction whatever at any time.
There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction;
a blessed unrest that keeps us marching
and makes us more alive than the others.

This was a letter written by legendary dancer and choreographer Martha Graham to choreographer Agnes DeMille, in 1943

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this. You are right. It is perfect.
Gail

2 Likes

Here are some 3d prints I made at makeict a while back. This was my first print actually. I created the 3d model from scratch and then sliced and keyed it into 4 different prints to fit together afterward. The coral was 1 print with each piece of coral designed to have less than a 45 degree overhang to ensure a good print. It stands about 11 inches tall. :slightly_smiling_face: i think total print time was about 30-35 hours give or take.

5 Likes

are you selling your stl id like to print one

Heck I could. I dont know what id charge for it. The coral did fail at some point during the first attempt. Some kind maker restarted the print for me and the 2nd was perfect.

1 Like

I remember when you made that. Still super cool.

3 Likes

looks amazing we are big into sea life wife and i are advanced open water divers we dont get out much anymore to dive but love to look

3 Likes

i tried 3d scanning in some actual dry coral a padoga cup and sea fan they did not scan very well i tabled that project to a future date

2 Likes