Engineer and install table for the 2" belt sander

I am looking for someone to help me engineer and install a table for the two inch belt sander in the metal shop. I am retired so my time is open. I will furnish the materials.

5 Likes

What do you mean by engineer? Come up with a table design?

2 Likes

thomas-the-tank-engine-shocked

Hey I got an Engineering degree… but I mostly taught engineers how to do CAD … maybe a little design work. So, for instance I could probably produce a nice CAD model of the table … but not sure if that is what is needed here…

2 Likes

If you dig under the table for the 2x72 belt grinder, there should be a set of drawings that show how we designed the current setup, which should also include a drawing for a support table.

If the drawings aren’t there, it shouldn’t be too hard to design something up from scratch.

3 Likes

No table design on the instructions. The internet shows an example.

···

On July 16, 2023 at 11:48 PM Rustin Atkeisson via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org wrote:

| rustin.atkeisson MakeICT President & Metal Committee Lead
July 17 |

• | - |

If you dig under the table for the 2x72 belt grinder, there should be a set of drawings that show how we designed the current setup, which should also include a drawing for a support table.

If the drawings aren’t there, it shouldn’t be too hard to design something up from scratch.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

How to support the table and attach it to the sander.

···

On July 16, 2023 at 10:34 AM LaDeana Dockery via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org wrote:

| ladeana Board Member & Classroom Management
July 16 |

• | - |

What do you mean by engineer? Come up with a table design?

2 Likes

Thank you, @rustin.atkeisson . Here is a picture of the drawings you referenced that I found at MakeICT. These are the right ones, right? Sorry if the picture is huge.

I will continue this in another reply because I can only post one embedded picture per reply.

2 Likes

I went to the internet and found a picture where they had done what I want to do and attached a table to the grinder. Here is a picture of that as well as the dimensions of the materials:

2 Likes

This next picture appears to be how it was attached:

They should have taken the picture from the other side so we could see it better.

I would like collaboration and approval before spearheading this on my own because this is not a tool that is owned by me. How would leadership like me to proceed?
Thank you!

3 Likes

Yes, those are the drawings.

···

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 6:09 PM CalWe via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| MCal
July 19 |

• | - |

Thank you, @rustin.atkeisson . Here is a picture of the drawings you referenced that I found at MakeICT. These are the right ones, right? Sorry if the picture is huge.

I will continue this in another reply because I can only post one embedded picture per reply.

2 Likes

I don’t think those drawings (diagram) show how to attach the table. Right?

1 Like

The table bolts in to the lower tube.

I thought there was another drawing that showed how to make the table. If not, I think if you look up that model number from the drawing and I think they are considered public commons. So there shouldn’t be a charge for the drawings (I think)

···

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 6:59 PM Mandee E. via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Emme MakeICT Member
July 19 |

• | - |

I don’t think those drawings (diagram) show how to attach the table. Right?

2 Likes