Ender printer for $100?

My wife found someone offering up a Creality Ender printer (waiting to hear which model)
They claim that it’s in working order and only used it to do a “test print” and apparently abandoned it after.

From what I’ve seen Creality printers are pretty popular and wasn’t sure if I’d be getting in over my head and or if I should go with a $400ish Prusa Mini for my first one.

Anyone with thoughts is encouraged to respond, as I’m sure this will go super fast.

2 Likes

Do you know which model? MicroCenter was providing coupons to purchase Ender 3 Pro for $99. I suspect this is the 3 Pro or possibly 3 V2. The printers are decent for beginners however most struggle with the Bed adhesion, especially without ABL as the beds tend to warp.

For the price and if its in good working order its a good deal.

2 Likes

Thanks. I think I’ll probably pass, even thought it likely is a pretty good deal. I’m looking at getting a Prusa Mini (because of the Auto Bed leveling features), plus I’m very much a novice.

My son (11 years old) has been saving up for a 3D printer, and I’ve been doing some learning as well, and I want him to have the best experience possible, so I’m willing to invest a bit of my own money in the process to make sure we get something high quality that I don’t have to tweak 100% of the time. (I know there will be times when I do)

I appreciate the quick response.

1 Like

As a suggestion you might take a look at the BambuLab P1P. The Prusa is a solid platform but for the cost the BambuLab P1P is $699 with more features, faster, and has been a reliable printer. I would also recommend checking out All3DP as they are pretty good for reviews and have suggestions for entry level printers.

2 Likes

While I’m sure this will get quite the eye roll and I have no suggestions for the warping of the bed, can’t adhesion issues be fixed with a little hairspray? …or a lotta hairspray?
Isn’t that what @Christian taught me? :grin::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks for this recommendation, too! Clearly I have more research to do.

1 Like

Cheap Hairspray fixes all! Just please make sure all electrical devices are powered off and no open flames present… :wink:

3 Likes

As a bald guy, I tend to not have much hairspray hanging around. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I would not recommend the P1P for someone visiting the hobby. Resale of 3d printers is low and if you don’t like it, you have a possibility of monetary loss.

I would say an Ender 3 or clone and spend the extra on filament and glass bed if you think the beds warped. I question the warping claim to some degree.

The Ender can be easily repaired with readily available parts if that’s your plan.

If all you want to do is print stuff , then P1P might be the machine.

I recommend the Elegoo Neptune series as a nice compromise in features and price.

Are you a member? If not, it might be worth the cost of membership to see if you like using a 3d printer - much cheaper than buying one and there are numerous folks here willing to help when there’s an issue.

4 Likes