Ender 3 pro

Been thinking about getting a 3d printer?
I highly recommend the ender 3 pro
It has the best bang for its buck. And countless aftermarket upgrades some you can make yourself!
This weekend for the 4th of July they are on sale for 209$

1 Like

I’m interested Frank please tell me more,

1 Like

Just go to creality website I think the sale is all weekend

Thank you Sir, I’ll check it out. I’m a newbie on the 3d printers so in addition to a lot of YouTube watching is there something else that I’ll have to get with this?

Just some 1.75 pla to get started
See my post on (Filament sale) it’s a great deal and great filament!
You have to buy 3 rolls to get price break but it is a really good deal.
I would not worry about buying anything else until your more familiar with printing.

Honestly I spent the first week figuring out what upgrades I wanted to print for ender before I even started making prints for fun.

I.e.
Close out case for electronics.
Cable chain for wiring
Storage drawers
Tool holders
All stuff you can print and get free from thingiverse.
I would not worry about monetary upgrades except for I’d buy a pack of yellow bed adjustment springs that will help with not having to relevel as often.

When you are ready to buy some cool upgrades I got a few I’d recommend
I.e.
32 bit board
TTF touch screen
Bl touch (auto bed leveler)

hope these help feel free to ask if you have any additional questions.

@Frank Does the upgraded glass plate still require hairspray, or does it do a pretty good job of adhering?

Not sure I use magnetic mat I am assuming it is the upgrade since it is on the pro and not the original.
No hair spray req. For pla

I use an anet a3 with a borosilicate glass on the bed I was having a heck of a time with it and then I realized… the bed temperature isn’t the glass temperature.

So I started giving the bed some extra time after it reached temp and that issue disappeared. I sometimes float a little hairspray but I think it’s more of a good luck ritual than anything.

The magnetic bed on our E3 Pro was damaged after my son installed DD. So, I ordered a replacement genuine Creality and it wouldn’t attract to the existing bed or the new “other half” that came with it. Requested a replacement and it was the same thing. So, we went back to borosilicate glass and hairspray. Depending on who you talk to glass/hairspray is the only way to go. Or, the Creality glass is the only way to go. Or, plain glass because “you should never ever ever ever need hairspray or painter’s tape or anything else on a properly tuned printer” is the only way to go. We never really had any issues with the magnetic bed before it was damaged, and the texture it leaves is very aesthetically pleasing. But, glass works well, too. It should be noted that we have only printed PLA and TPU.

I do second the notion that the E3 Pro is an excellent value and easy to learn on. Don’t spend money on upgrades until you have an idea what it’s capable of. The only upgrade we made (other than the glass, if that counts as an upgrade) was the DD so we could better print TPU. Otherwise, we are still on the stock springs with no issues. I do use an extension cable for the microSD so I don’t have to shove the bed out of the way or reach under it to swap cards.

The Creality glass bed has a coating on it, but I’ve seen several people have trouble with it peeling with certain prints. I’m not sure what factors played into that, such as material, temperatures, design of part, etc. It shouldn’t need anything applied to it, though, just like the magnetic bed should be fine as is.

Dave