Empty acetylene(?) tank

I can’t remember which gas is in this tank, I just know it’s not the oxygen. Heads up that it’s empty!

1 Like

@AllieBarger

Propane, and if picture is accurate the tank has 150lbs psi in the tank and the regulator is set for 0lbs psi output.

Is the main tank valve cracked open?
Has regulator been adjusted down, or adjusted improperly?

Crack open main (top) valve, open red (fuel) valve on tiny torch 1/8th a turn, check output preassure and adjust with brass t valve to 5lbs.

I should be in tonight around 5p to check it out.

3 Likes

I opened the tank and the red valve and had everything set up properly, then when I went to solder the propane went down to 0 pressure. Hm. I’m not sure what went wrong.

···

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 2:34 PM Michael Atherton via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| MAtherton Jewelry Lead
April 12 |

• | - |

Propane, and if picture is accurate the tank has 150lbs psi in the tank and the regulator is set for 0lbs psi output.

Is the main tank valve cracked open?
Has regulator been adjusted down, or adjusted improperly?

Crack open main (top) valve, open red (fuel) valve on tiny torch 1/8th a turn, check output preassure and adjust with brass t valve to 5lbs.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

Someone turned the regulator to 0. It has plenty of fuel, just had no where to go.

3 Likes

Thank you

···

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 4:57 PM Michael Atherton via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| MAtherton Jewelry Lead
April 12 |

• | - |

Someone turned the regulator to 0. It has plenty of fuel, just had no where to go.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

4 Likes