Donating old electronics

I haven’t had a chance to visit the maker space yet! So, it might have been easier to get these answers in person…

I’ve been cleaning up around the house and found a ton of orphaned cell phone power adapters, VCRs, DVDs and other miscellaneous electronics. Would any of this stuff be useful? I’d like to donate it all, but I wasn’t sure who to contact and where to bring the “stuff”.

Thanks!
Rob

We actually had a surplus of that kind of thing and I’ve instituted a person to person transfer policy. In the parking lot… of cosco…

Lol we’ve had a few things left for someone that were never picked up so they lingered. I try to avoid anything but new component donations…

Due to space limitations, and our past experience, bulk donations are not encouraged. If, by prior arrangement, a lead of a specific area wants some of what you have to offer, they may accept items into their area.

If a specific person wants items on offer, and if your desire is to make items available to all takers, the MakerSpace would be a way to meet with the recipient and hand off the item(s).

Not exactly pertinent, but others reading this may like to know that Sedgwick County is doing a multi-day Electronc Waste Collection April 5-7 and April 12-14. derbyinformer.com

Mike B

4 Likes