Dog Policy

Hey guys, I was curious what the policy was for dogs. I am dog sitting for my mother this weekend and would like to come into the space but I never know how long I’m going to stay and don’t want to leave my dog alone at home for too long. She is a small Chihuahua and would only sleep in the ceramics studio while I work, she’s not to adventurous or energetic.
I realize this may be a strange or unusual ask, but I was just curious what you guys thought about her having a space to sleep while I worked?

Here’s the girl in question, her name is bacon

2 Likes

We have dogs in the space all the time she’s more than welcome.

1 Like

Dogs are more than welcome…

A note of warning thou … Due to the nature of the ceramics studio you should really think about not letting the dog walk around on the floor or any other surface

The silica dust from the clay is toxic and it settles onto the floor the dog may want to lick it off its paws.

2 Likes

It’s only toxic if inhaled, where it lodges in the lungs, over time, with long term exposure. Otherwise, I’d be interested in what the policy is.

2 Likes

I love it when dogs are at MakeICT !!! You might want to bring a towel for her to sleep on and few baby wipes to wipe her paws after she is on the floor. I think most dogs are fine as long as they are not rolling around in it. Dogs tend to roll around in much worse. lol.

1 Like

I think I will bring a little box for her filled with blankets or towels or something so she will be relatively ‘away’ from any dust that she could pick up. I appreciate the tips and the welcoming attitude! She’s a pretty relaxed girl, so I’m expecting her to just lay down and nap, People would be more than welcome to come say hi to her!

2 Likes