Did a big project on the Shopbot

Just wanted to let all the wood workers know that I did a big project involving four 4x8 sheets on the shopbot yesterday (July 4th). It went very well and others working in the area were very polite even though I know that thing makes a lot of noise. Haven’t heard much about the shopbot lately and I just wanted to let others know it worked pretty well for me. One weird thing happened on the third sheet though which was kind of irritating. The spindle stopped turning during the plunge cut. I managed to stop it in time. Turns out the speed control on the router itself was acting up. I changed speed and it took off again. Aside from the dust shoe falling off (as usual) there were no other serious problems.
I knew it was going to do a number on the spoiler board so I bought another 3/4 in. sheet of MDF and left it under the bed of the machine and there’s also another 1/4 inch carbide end mill I left in there for others to use. I think it’s a little cleaner than it was when I started. Hope I got all the tools put back in the right drawers.
Thanks for being a maker space :slight_smile:
Tom
PS I know , pictures or it didn’t happen. You’ll see when it’s finished.

7 Likes