Dallas Makerspace Surplus Auction

https://www.warrenliquidation.com/auction/73?fbclid=IwAR0cAwEaMS5XJTUtWTk1mbUVnc5zsM0NGviAC1DYw3TsX516491ugbwBpzk

3 Likes

There is some good stuff on there. I love the dozen random barely used 3d printers. I wonder why they have multiple centrifuges.

1 Like

Biohacking is a thing in the makerspace world. Before the pandemic several makerspaces were working on insulin that was low cost for diabetes.

5 Likes

Pickup only this Saturday. Oof.

1 Like

Dallas trips aren’t that bad.

2 Likes

I only scrolled through the first page, but there was electrophoresis equipment. So many opportunities…PCR testing…

4 Likes

Is anyone planning on making a trip down/ has anyone made any bids?

1 Like

I agree. Back in the early 90’s a number of people I worked with would drive into Downtown Dallas for the 1st Saturday sale that started Friday midnight.

It had started as a ham radio swap meet and morphed into general electronics and computer items being included, but the amateur radio operator presence was still there too. Lots of companies like TI and Compaq still had thousands of employees in the area and a lot of people came hundreds of miles to participate.

It was completely ordinary to see lots of Kansas license tags on vehicles on both the way down and back.

2 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: Dallas Makerspace

It’s a liquidation, right? So does that mean they are selling out? Iow, they didn’t make it?

1 Like

I think the auction company has liquidators in the name… but the auction says surplus and certainly looks like surplus.

4 Likes

I hope that’s the case as it would be sad to see another makerspace die

1 Like

Alright my parents will be picking some stuff up provided I can get an anvil within my budget

3 Likes

Whats your budget

1 Like

got an anvil

3 Likes

A lot of the stuff went super cheap. I wish I would’ve paid more attention.
Then I see this… LoL more than retail. Must be some gold inlay

2 Likes

yeah i was wondering what i missed there like its just some plastic?

1 Like

It is just some random 3mm filament. You can buy these all day for $20 or less. I’ve seen them for $10 a roll. I did some looking at the bid history of the highest priced items of the auction and it seems like two people were just bidding against each other. Their bids were $20-$30-$50 when over each other while most people bid $2.50 - $5 increments. Could be two people competing against each, two people who really want to spend too much to increase the income for the makerspace, or a fluffer and sucker situation. Auctions do weird things to people.

2 Likes