D&D Book Bag

I am having a difficult time finding a bag/portable crate that I can put my D&D
Books in and roll them around to my game nights I paid good money for these books so I want to take care of them.
I’m looking for a bag on wheels that when I unzip it is organized as if the books were sitting on a bookshelf books are 11"tall and 8.5" wide approximate.
The closest I have found was a tutto sewing machine bag but they are spendy $265
I have seen the bags that they officially use but again it does not have enough room for all my books and gear.
Also seen crate boxes on wheels but all flimsy.
Any ideas?

2 Likes

Make from scratch? Alter a collapsible dolly? Alter rolling luggage?

1 Like

I am not sure where to get them but I have seen 2 wheeled dollies that collapsed and had a built in crate about milk crate size.

1 Like

Maybe look for a small rolling suitcase? Some of them have a duffle bag look. Also look at the ones for kids… some of those are kinda cute…

1 Like

3 Likes

All my DnD bags (yep, multiple) are messenger style that sling over the shoulder. ThinkGeek (R.I.P.) use to make The Bag of Holding and I can swear that you can stuff a library worth of DnD books/papers/pens in the thing comfortably and safely. If you could find one in the wild you might be able to mod some rollers on.

1 Like

Yup, ugly pink tax. Flambeau makes sewing boxes as well that are more than double the cost of similar tackle boxes…but I digress.

I would look at thrift stores for something with good bones that you can alter. Or as stated get a good messanger bag and add a sleeve you can slide into an inexpensive dolly. I bought a small collapsible Milwaukee dolly at Lowe’s.

1 Like

Oh and garage sales. That’s where I got my hard case suitcase I lug my electronics class in. I’ve considered modding it with wheels… and powerstrip.

2 Likes

James, never would have guessed you were thinking of power-stripping out of an old suitcase!

1 Like

Damnit, now I’m thinking of drafting a Chippendale inspired campaign called Hard-Bardies or Bard-Bodies… any preference?

2 Likes

I found all the D&D books on PDF… here’s the bookbag I’m currently using:

2 Likes