Curtis Carnival May 12

Curtis middle school wants us to come and make paper rockets and LED throwies with the kids may 12 5-7 pm.

Do we still have all those batteries? Does our doublesided sticky tape still stickey on double sides?

1 Like

Do we still have Barb’s outreach projects?

Fairly certain we could get some bristle bots going or possibly find the wind tunnel for the paper airplane testing.

1 Like

Judith and I were going to do LED throwies if we still had batteries. But I have setup and run straw rockets on my own before.

2 Likes

Looks like Curtis middle school is behind the Dillons on edgemoor, less than a 5min drive from MakeICT.

I’ll put it down on my calendar and come out and join you.

2 Likes

@Classroom_Management

I don’t know if it’d be doable but I seem to recall a chicken hurling award winning seige engine we may have… bet it could hurl a paint can cap of throwies real good.

3 Likes

That would be cool just to have there.

FYI: Going N from Dillon’s on Edgmoor; 3 separate Buildings. Elementary School, Curtis Middle School, Parking Lot, Old SE High School, now USD 260 Central Offices

1 Like

Barbs stuff is in the lounge closet. Usually the batteries were in the freezer… if they are not in the closet, might want to check there.

1 Like

@jameslancaster - your telescope was a big hit the last time we went to a school for a stem event.

Does someone have some star charts we could bring along with a telescope?

Alrighty then.

I need:

To know how big the ballista is in terms of how much room to show it off.

I need to know if the stem projects are and if they are under lock and key. If I need to order something I want to order it asap

Are you taking care of this? Do you need the @Classroom_Management to help with this.

Well yall are always welcome to help but I have no idea where the stem stuff is.

All of Barb’s stuff is in the Lounge closet.

The ballista takes up a 7ft x 7ft square when assembled and set at an angle.

From the end of each arm, it’s about 8ft wide.

This is Thursday of THIS week. Everyone still on tap to go?

For Thursday at 5pm? Yup, I should be able to load up the ballista and have it setup by then.

1 Like

Make a FB event for this… first time, so bear with me!

Please click link and mark yourselves as Going even if you’ll just be there in spirit!

I don’t think that’s an appropriate use of a FB event for a school event that we are a guest of. Before the pandemic I asked for a list of Neighbor Nights from USD 259 and they explained they don’t post them or share them for the safety of students and their families. That they only share with students though email to parents and sending home flyers. The few I’ve have been to have only be students and parents who are attached to that particular campus.

2 Likes

Although they did post about the event here, not posting “for the safety of students and their families” sounds like a reasonable cause for removing the FB event!

Thanks for the guidance!

Edit: Added a note about this concern in Communications Committee notes for the future.

3 Likes