Crochet IV covers for Wesley Childrens Hospital

My friend Denise put out a call to all her crochet friends (and I am one of them) to help by crocheting a few IV covers for the Kids at Wesley Children’s Hospital. This seemed like the kind of thing other MakeICTers might like to do … so I will attach a photo of a completed project and a pattern for crocheting them. (They can be knit as well, but she didn’t have a pattern. She was asked about sewn ones and she said Wesley only used the crochet ones.)

4 Likes

Are these reversible, left or right hand?

1 Like

You know all that I currently know… but I will ask Denise. I expect you just turn them over to reverse.

···

On Sun, Sep 3, 2023 at 12:59 PM Thad Lowrance via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Thad
September 3 |

• | - |

Are these reversible, left or right hand?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

Made hundreds for my guild! These are reversable, unless you use a bulky join or ridged join like a single crochet through all loops on both sides. They are simple, hour long little projects that mean so much to the kiddoes who need them, we always recommend darker colors, no light pink or white that might show fluids on them, 'specially the red stuff that is scary.

3 Likes

Denise found a knit pattern:

2 Likes

We’ve been contacted by Wesley with appreciation for all the covers made. The outpouring was so much they now are overstocked and do not require any more at this time.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to make it happen!

4 Likes

Awesome job everyone!

1 Like

Oh my gosh have they been making these for years? I feel like I remember Olive having one, she was admitted overnight for a concussion when she was like three or four and the IV sucked but I remember the little knitted band and it helped limit access and it was soft and cute. It felt like a nice yarn craft person was rooting for us.

Kiddo obviously bounced right back, I felt bad just walking her out of that wing past all the other families with much sicker kids who couldn’t get those pesky IVs out and couldn’t just hop out of bed the next day :frowning: but whoever thought of these, it means a lot. It was a scary 24 hours for us so it’s all very etched in my memories.

4 Likes

Yes we’ve been making them for years…at least my guild has been since before I joined! Its nice to hear they did the job and helped someone so close…even though we are still several degrees separated, obviously. Makes me feel like making a few more now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes