CR10S Homing Failed

Hello,
Dwain mentioned this problem to me day before yesterday (30 September). Today I noticed that the printer was still down. I also saw a new interlock switch PCB next to the printer. I thought I’d try to work with the printer a bit as unobtrusively as possible. I set up a test print. The job ran but failed to deliver sufficient filament to the table. As the print job was running I heard a loud, intermittent clicking noise coming from the filament feed mechanism. Not sure what was going on there but it seems like something is binding. I’m here for a couple of hours so if anyone has any ideas, I can give something a try.

Best regards,

Tom

Yeah, there is something wrong with the Z homing. It looks like the Z axis sometimes jams during the homing sequence and causes the Z screws to lift and mess up the leveling. I’m not sure what the issue is because I haven’t been able to reproduce it. It could be that the limit switch is occasionally failing to trigger or that the M3 lock-nuts on the the bed leveling knobs are no longer holding position and the bed is getting out of level while it prints, causing it to crash during the next homing sequence.

I have seen on that machine the wires that lead to the extruder/X motors sometimes get jammed between the aluminum plate that mounts the X axis. Might be what’s happening still.

1 Like

Yeah, that could definitely do it too. We’ll have to check that as well.

1 Like