CR-10s Extruder Upgrade

I see it is now in parts again. Does anyone know what happened to the CR-10 extruder?

Yeah, I forgot to finish typing up this update:

This is why we avoid cheap chinese knock-off printer parts. The filament jammed due to a tangle in the spool, and the extruder teeth wore down. That magnet is covered in the metal dust from the ā€œmetalā€ that got worn off by plasticā€¦

I have a set of genuine Bondtech gears on the way that I ordered for my own printer, so Iā€™ll put those on when they arrive and get a replacement next time we put in an order for 3d printer parts. I also adjusted the printed parts so that we can use the Prusa filament sensor once we order one.

1 Like

Yup, It was worth my $9 to try the amazon special at home, but not up to the task for continuous use.

Did you order gears, bearings and shaft?

I did not have a chance to turn any receipts yet. Please put them a side and I will take them back. I have an extra set of gears only, and they will work for me at home.

Yeah, I ordered the gears, bearing, and shaft. Everything is still sitting on the bed, Iā€™ll bag it all up for you if you donā€™t grab them before I stop by.