Combat Robots Interest

My friends and I have been meeting every 2 weeks at MakeICT to work on combat robot related things like building and designing. There have been a few people that have stop by to see what we are up to and have expressed some form of interest. If enough people are interested, I can make it a more formal thing and create a calendar event for anyone to come hang out and ask questions or even build one to get into the hobby.

Drop a post below if your interested.

4 Likes

Heck yeah dude! Thanks for posting! Count me in! So would the next one be in May then?

How deep into the programming did you guys get on Saturday?

1 Like

I’m interested in checking it out sometime.

1 Like

Probably Apr 27 or 28 depending on everyone’s schedule. There isn’t any programing in these because they are mostly manually driven. (PWM > ESC > Motor). We are hoping to get finish the arena also soon for some test fights.

1 Like

Hmmm I am so tempted… I may have to give in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do we still have the sumobot arena?

The Electronics lab needs a steady group in it. If you need anything let me know

···

On Wed, Apr 17, 2024, 09:57 LaDeana Dockery via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| ladeana Board Member & Classroom Management
April 17 |

• | - |

Hmmm I am so tempted… I may have to give in :slight_smile:

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

We do still have the sumobot arena. It is either in Lounge or in Room 2. Do we want to move it to electronics?

1 Like

We will be meeting this Sunday at 1 if you would like to throw it on the Calendar

2 Likes

Feel free to meet in the electronics room.

I’d go but I can’t. :frowning:

1 Like

Hey all,
I will put this on the calendar as a single meeting. If we want to get fancy and keep track of things or advertise on meetup or add to the forum, we can enhance it later.

1 Like

Added to the calendar in the Electronics room at 1pm on Sunday for an hour.
Have a look at it … I made up a description. If you want any changes, you can reply here or PM me.

1 Like

That works. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for putting it on the calendar.

MakeICT does request all robots be 3 laws safe, unless they are specifically designed to kill humans in which case they are illegal and can’t be at the space which is a different set of rules.

Yea I was disappointed too.

1 Like

If the killbots have non-lethal implements while in the space it should be ok. They do have to have a pre-determined kill limit hard coded into them though, for safety.

1 Like

We aren’t too that point yet… right now they just seek out and destroy other robots

1 Like

Except Judith.

1 Like

Can confirm the sumo bot stuff is in the Lounge, right of the ballista targets.

1 Like

I sorta remember it but I don’t think it will work for what we are doing. We will be working on finishing an enclosed test box also on Sunday.

1 Like

Thank you guys for letting Gretchen and me join you guys today! It was very cool to see where the battle bot hobby was these days and abojt the 150g and 1lb weight class robots you all have been working on!

It’d definitely be fun to see about hosting a battle bot events at the makerspace in the future (maybe for the June 8th event?)

2 Likes