CNC Plasma Table

I can appreciate that. Growing up I bought R/C cars I had to build (Tamiya). I sourced the parts for my 3d printer & so when I needed a plasma cutter I figured the only I could justify it, was by building it. The journey itself was a learning experience.

1 Like

And then last night, my cheap plasma cutter screwed up my cut & wasted my last piece of steel.
Go down today & the yard is out of 16ga & doesn’t know when they’ll get any in since their supplier was back-ordered & then broke their sheer. :frowning:

AMR Steel and Supply usually carries 16ga, and it is often cheaper than the yard.

1 Like

I’ll give them a call! I was so desperate I was considering buying some from Menards!!!

Good to know, they did have plenty in stock & it was a good price at $3.41/ft2. The only downside is, they only have full 4x8 sheets! The Yard was $3.81/ft2 the last time, and Menards for a 2x4 “sheet” was $6.87/ft2!

The only real problem (besides having “too much” steel) is that I can’t physically move a 4’x8’ sheet, so had to cut it down when removing it from my truck. :slight_smile:

So, long story short, thanks @JeremiahB for the tip!

2 Likes