CNC Plasma Cutting

Now that it appears that the CNC Plasma cutter is up and running, are there any classes planned for it? Who teaches them?

I will probably teach the next cnc plasma class sometime in mid to late June, most likely at 7pm. (unless someone else is up for teaching the class ahead of time, which would be totally appreciated by me)

I recommend going through the wiki in the mean time and setting up fusion360 per the videos on the wiki. CNC Plasma Cutter - MakeICT Wiki

2 Likes

@rustin.atkeisson Can i get on a waitlist for tomorrow night’s plasma class?

Hi Drew,

Tomorrow is going to be a packed class with people sitting in the back to get a refresher, but you are welcome to come join in and I can probably add you to the class as the 6th person.

Though, I highly recommend reading the plasma CNC wiki and having a fusion360 account setup prior to the class tomorrow.

Rustin Atkeisson
MakeICT VP and Metalshop lead

2 Likes

Id be interested in learning what was replaced or modified on the plasma cnc.

All of the end stops have been replaced with industrial weather proof switches.

Jimmy is working on a new controller/computer package for it. You are welcome to sit down with him and discuss the details during the Thursday night cad/cam sessions.

1 Like

Tha ks for the offer to sit in, but I’ll just catch the next one.

Thank you so much for letting me sitting in on last nights class.
I did a thing after the class….

8 Likes

Eddie Vedder?
I realized I was way off. I had Chris Cornell’s version going thru my head, but it was Led Zeppelin that originally did the song.

Did something happen to cause the lower s in still to shift? Just curious