CNC Help this weekend

Anyone avaliable to help me on the cnc today or over the weekend ?

1 Like

What all do you need help with?

1 Like

I have a pic I want to vector and cut into wood. I took the class so long ago I can’t remember anything.

Ok, probably best to get somebody who is more familiar with the program that’s taught in the class. I’m using SOLIDWORKS for most stuff now. What CAD program was taught in the class?

I cant even remember what program was used to run the shopbot. I remember using Inkscape for my picture. After that, I don’t remember anything. Is there a new how to use Wiki link that can help me start to finish, or shopbot for dummies manual lol?

1 Like

Easel cnc was what Doug taught in his class. I think it’s free online. I don’t think you have to download it, just use it directly in the browser if I remember right.

After you generate the gcode from easel you have to add a few lines of code in Linux cnc. You can find the code on the Shopbot wiki page I believe.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a shot. Thanks

Sometimes the best course of action is to take the class again. Just make sure you use it fairly quickly after you take the class, or the problem repeats .

2 Likes

Super facts