CNC Equipment

My name is Karli Long, and I’m a new member. I am a CNC programmer and tool designer and solid modeler with over 20 years experience in programming. I own my own programming software package “Mastercam”, and have the ability to write my own post processors, and I have over 30 years experience in machine shops in nearly every role imaginable at one point or another.

I do not see any classes on the calendar for the CNC machines, or any way get qualified or make contact with the lead over these pieces of equipment. I would like to open a conversation with the lead or teacher in order to get an orientation for each of the machines, and discuss the possibly of testing out to get qualified to use them.

At some point in the future, if I can get qualified for and some experience on these machines, I may be able to offer classes or other support for this department.

If anyone can direct me or help me connect with them, please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help.

5 Likes

Hey Karli. There currently aren’t any classes for the CNC mills, but the best way to get authorized would be to come to CAD group on Thursday evenings and talk to assistant metal shop lead @Jimmy.

We’ll be running the Tormach this Thursday to make a tooling plate for the little blue mill if you want to stop by. Should be there around 5ish - 7:30ish.

2 Likes

Yay, you made it! Welcome! Totally looking forward to picking our CNC conversation back up!

Although one isn’t on the calendar currently, there is a recurring class for authorization on the ShopBot… keep an eye out. Also, feel free to hit me up and we can talk about the ShopBot, I can give you a preview of the setup and discuss machine upgrade possibilities including dust collection that Aaron (@squarenuts) is looking to get done.

That being said, @gemma is spot on about Thursday Night CNC Group being the best way for you to get going on the other CNC equipment at the space. Great group!

2 Likes

Hi Gemma, thank you for responding so quickly. That’s a big help. I plan to attend this Thursday.

Thanks, Karli😊

···

From: noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org on behalf of Gemma Blackburn via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2023 6:39:28 AM
To: carly99z@outlook.com carly99z@outlook.com
Subject: [MakeICT] [Metalshop] CNC Equipment

gemma MakeICT Member
December 11

Hey Karli. There currently aren’t any classes for the CNC mills, but the best way to get authorized would be to come to CAD group on Thursday evenings and talk to assistant metal shop lead @Jimmy.

We’ll be running the Tormach this Thursday to make a tooling plate for the little blue mill if you want to stop by. Should be there around 5ish - 7:30ish.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes