Cleaning Day / Pizza Party

We’re having a MakeICT cleaning day! Yeah, cleaning is a chore, but add some free pizza and a bunch of other makers and suddenly it’s a party!

Join us on Sunday, July 30th, 4pm-7pm. We’re going to focus on cleaning the hallways, bathrooms, and classrooms. Feel free to start attacking the grime at will, or ask to be assigned a task.

RSVPs are appreciated so we know how much pizza to buy. Let us know here if you can make it, or message @ladeana or myself.

Then join us the next day, July 31st, at 7pm for Fifth Monday Show & Tell.

7 Likes

I will come help. I just cant lift anything heavy.

4 Likes

Bumping this up

Come join us tomorrow (Sunday, 7/30) for pizza and cleaning day! We’ll be working 4-7, but show up anytime and leave when you want. Come ask for a task, or grab what you need from the janitor’s closet and choose your own cleaning adventure.

Some tasks that need done:

Vacuuming hallway/entrance carpet
Sweeping floors down both hallways
Mopping floors down both hallways
Wiping down the tops and sides of lockers
Dusting display cabinets
Cleaning office bathrooms
Cleaning main bathrooms
Sweeping/vacuuming room 4

We could also use help arranging room 4 for the Fifth Monday Show & Tell coming up this Monday.

TIA to everyone who helps out!

7 Likes

I don’t know if we have a vacuum that stands up to that hallway entrance/carpet. last time I tried doing it I found 9 non-working vacuums that spit out dirt in clouds. I wish I had a better solution. a few years ago I even bought a $$ vacuum and donated it to the space, and even that one quickly went to heck, it’s like this place eats vacuums.

4 Likes

Facilities sorted through vacuums recently and got rid of bad ones. The one in the janitors closet right now works okay once the filter is cleaned.

2 Likes

The main problem with vacuums at the space is they REALLY need cleaned pretty much every time you use them. There is a lot of dust in the building, so it doesn’t take much to clog them up.

5 Likes

Oh yeah I’ve spent money on new filters too.

Maybe a vacuum cleaning party? I can’t make it tonight kid has a concert but I’d love to hear what we learn!

3 Likes

We still have lots of pizza! Come join us, clean, hang out, eat.

5 Likes

It was hot work, but we got it done!

Big thanks to all the cleaners:

Larry Meeks
@ladeana
@jbirzer
@JBlackburn
@Gretchen
@RFisher
@chris_w

11 Likes

Sorry I didn’t make it out tonight, but glad you had some help. Hope you got done what you hoped to accomplish. Hope the pizza was good as well. It sure looks good to me.

3 Likes