Classes to benefit the Makerspace remodel

I will see what we might be able to do… anyone from ceramics with ideas?

What about a hand building class? We can make covers for the tables

1 Like

Jenisa has been building small toad habitats. I’m going to try to get her to gather data on them. We could also try to get her to make a how to video, and kids can gather and validate data between each other. Perhaps put some habitats at the makerspace. “Publish” their research even lol.

2 Likes

I have several FUN class ideas…stay tuned for more details as they develop😀…

1 Like

We…and I mean THE GRANDS

love to “rescue” and “rehabilitate” our guests a few days before sending them off into the wild with a kiss. Toads are GREAT! I’m missing the squeals of excitement…of the children…not the toads.

1 Like

I told Tobias about this and he’s in. I discovered this in the back yard after my bath this evening

If we have a kit how will we be reimbursed for supplies? As the standing rules are written now, kit fees must be in the price of the class.

Well the makerspace here in town has like a take-n-make thing. Where they have kits you buy from them and then take them home bn and assemble them. Leatherwork would be pretty easy with the lasercutter, electronics would be easy if they had a soldering iron, a basic knitting kit would be pretty easy. Like a bookmark.

So this would be separate from a class and directly come from MakeICT, we just help kit them.

2 Likes

What if they picked up their kit, then there was a Zoom class scheduled to assemble it?

1 Like

That would be a way to do classes before we can open… hmmmm

I can teach my classes via zoom.

Also, I could do a “How to make better power points.”

2 Likes

I don’t know if I brought this up before but when D and I were art students we had to take this class called art forum.

Each week a different artist would come in and have a 30 min presentation on their art and process, which always went ten minutes long. Then there would be a short QandA after.

The hardest part about starting this at MakeICT over Zoom would be getting members to attend.

1 Like

I could teach a course on basic photographic lighting, if there is enough interest.

2 Likes

When you get
fusion 360
and arduino
Going I have been wanting to learn them.

1 Like

I designed the dress now I need to to test it. Yes it has pockets.