Classes to benefit the Makerspace remodel

I would like to put together a roster of people who are willing to teach for free to benefit MakeICT. We are planning to open up the educational wing ahead of the industrial wing so that we can start to run classes again.
With the move and COVID, the space could use an infusion of cash so that we can open in a timely manner. I am willing to run some classes to benefit the space and I am guessing that I am not the only one who would like to help out in that way.
We are looking for classes that would have a low overhead cost and/or a cost that people could justify paying extra for.
I am thinking things like
Inkscape
Fusion 360
Origami
Stamping
Screen printing
Maskmaking
etc
(Give me some good ideas!)

Also who is up for teaching a few classes?

1 Like

I’m assuming the laptops would be available?

KiCad
Python

C++

Arduino

If we can dig out the Irons then basic soldering.

Hand sewing (though I shouldn’t teach that)

Arm knitting

Shoot grab some Chinese food, get some extra chopsticks and teach real knitting.

Then there is a whole arena of pinterest style workshops. Like tin can tealights…

1 Like

I replied to the email and I will report here about having paid events on Facebook since they are offering us that as well.

Yep the laptops can be made available. I will try to hunt for the soldering irons.

I can do the Turning Your Hobby Into a Business if you want. Or I can develop an Urban Chickens class if there is an interest.

1 Like

Cool I will queue you up for one of each and see what happens!

Urban chickens…

1 Like

These classes would be at Makeict? or are it not open?

Renner, we are planning. Would you be interested in teaching a class? Please reach out to Ladeana!

I will teach a print your own fabric class and I’ve been wanting to develop a MuMu I mean House Dress class

Oooo I would totally sign up for house dress. I should draw you the pattern my Mom made for a tunic with kind of kimono sleeves. She made the pattern from newspaper and it would be easy to make, I think.

1 Like

That would be a great class can’t wait.

1 Like

I have software I’ve been wanting to use, it would require a large format printer.

Valentina?

I’ve been thinking about it for leatherwork

No I’m a commercial subscriber to Tailornova it’s a subsidy of Bootstrap Fashion. You use their elements to build a look, then plug in your clients measurements and it spits out a pattern. You can then download the DXFs and minipulate them or print them in large format. I’ve had Valentina and Seamly forever and a day but haven’t made the time to play with either one of them.

I would be down. I think offering a home maintenance/home repair classes to the public would be great for the community. We should look into advertising these types of classes in the Wichita’s parks and rec activity guide that is offered quarterly.

1 Like

I sat at the table with her at a marketing event. She hates doing that magazine and does want to add additional information to it.

I am more than happy to teach free classes in ceramics, just say when and now many.

Rich Nault

1 Like

I don’t think the ceramics lab can be open initially. Are there some classes that you could do in the classroom?

1 Like

Sorry, can’t think of any.