Ceramics Update

A little communication about what’s going on in ceramics :blush:

10 Likes

I have a wholesale account for canvas and have bought it before for the space. How many yards do you need and I can get an estimate on cost. If it’s not over 10 yards I can probably donate it.

3 Likes

It is just to cover the new table that was put together today.

···

On Sat, Jul 8, 2023 at 9:55 PM Malissa Long via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Malissa MakeICT Member
July 9 |

• | - |

I have a wholesale account for canvas and have bought it before for the space. How many yards do you need and I can get an estimate on cost. If it’s not over 10 yards I can probably donate it.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

I’ll get the demission tomorrow. I have some yardage at home.

2 Likes

Did anyone check textiles for canvas? Theres some big rolls of canvas type materials over there.

1 Like

There is canvas in Textiles but it’s all dyed. They need natural canvas.

2 Likes

I have experience running a pug mill… it was some time ago in college… but I did it 20+ hours a week for two semesters. I dont imagine it has changed too much.

4 Likes

That would be amazing, there currently isn’t any recycled (free) clay available to the ceramics people to use.

1 Like

I actually had a big enough piece in my car 60x70 it’s under the table.

8 Likes

Do I just get with you Nicole to show me where everything is?

1 Like

I know very little about the pug mill but I’ll be at the space tomorrow at 5:30, if you want to meet up.

···

On Sun, Jul 9, 2023 at 7:01 PM Sandra Zackula via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| szackula
July 9 |

• | - |

Do I just get with you Nicole to show me where everything is?

1 Like

Sure! Yea. I just want to know where everything is… dry clay, what types of clay we are making and so on.

2 Likes

Can do! Thank you so much!!! :blush:

···

On Sun, Jul 9, 2023 at 8:16 PM Sandra Zackula via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| szackula
July 10 |

• | - |

Sure! Yea. I just want to know where everything is… dry clay, what types of clay we are making and so on.

2 Likes

Hump/slump molds would be awesome

2 Likes

Slump molds are super easy to make.

1 Like

Are stools still needed? I was able to pick up some that I can donate if they are still needed.

5 Likes

I know that 3 high top stools were donated to ceramics. How many stools do you have?

Ceramics is having a meeting on Monday to determine what the area stills needs.

···

On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 10:55 PM Rayna Fisher via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| RFisher MakeICT Member
July 14 |

• | - |

Are stools still needed? I was able to pick up some that I can donate if they are still needed.

3 Likes

I dropped off 3 this morning. They seemed to fit well with the taller table so I left them at it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Please fill out a donation envelope or slip with the value of the the stools when you are at makeict next. :blush:

···

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 11:30 PM Rayna Fisher via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| RFisher MakeICT Member
July 15 |

• | - |

I dropped off 3 this morning. They seemed to fit well with the taller table so I left them at it.

2 Likes

They were free, my neighbor got new ones and was giving those away.

2 Likes