Ceramics Sub-Thread: Logan’s EPIC Magic Wheelchair Halloween!

@rglazapple, @michelle, and I attended the build meeting last night on behalf of the ceramics studio. Ideas that were floated that we are considering, and looking for more folks from ceramics to get involved with include, but are not limited to:

• Models for Vacuum Forming - the build team will let us know if there are things like: mirrors, handles, knobs, a bell, a license plate, or others they want one of us to sculpt a model of to be used to vacuum form a lightweight piece of plastic to chrome up. ‘Chrome’ samples presented at the meeting looked fantastic.
  • Dalmatian - Every fire truck needs a dalmatian, and Logan’s will be no different. Ideas included, but are dependent on volunteer ability and progression of the build:
    • Small dalmatian to hang from the rear-view mirror
    • Largish sculpted dalmatian to attach to the side of fire truck
  • Mobile for Logan’s Room - Michelle has an idea she’s going to work on for a mobile to hang in Logan’s room to remind him of the firetruck, with dalmatians, fire hats, fire trucks.
  • Things for Logan’s Grandma - Not to forget, Logan’s grandma is a big part of this build since she’s the motor the will be powering this fire truck through his EPIC Halloween. There was an idea of making perhaps a pin she could wear, or some other item that she could keep.
  • Light Switch Cover - An idea was thrown out about making a light switch cover for Logan’s room, again themed to go with the firetruck build. Patrick’s going to play around with this idea since it goes along with some of the tile work he’s been experimenting with.
  • Commemorative Plaque - Rhonda’s running with ideas for design on this. Something very 3-dimensional with an extruded fire hose wrapped around it.

If you have other ceramics related ideas please contribute here. If you’ve got other non-ceramics ideas, please jump into the main thread and join in on the discussion there.

Note: Logan can’t hold things, so keep that in mind when coming up with cool ideas.

This project is going to be super awesome! Some might even say EPIC!!

If you want to help, stop by the Makerspace Sunday’s at 6PM and get in on the action. There’s lots to do!

2 Likes

I am running really late tonight and might not make it to the meeting. I will have you catch me up on what is going on.