Cat tower - need carpet scraps

I need something for my cat to scratch on, but can’t justify the cost of buying a new cat tower. So I’m considering making one. Does anyone have any clean carpet scraps?

I prefer occurs of new carpet, as used carrier may have scents that would deter my cat.

My apartment complex is changing carpets several times a month - let me know what size and I will check with them on next instal.

2 Likes

If you decide you can use used carpet, we pulled up the hallway carpet at Booth, and there’s tons of it. Commercial pile, blue, I think.

2 Likes

@cathyb @david
Cat tower:
Well, I bet some cat nip can help with used carpet. Either source works for me. I don’t have a set plan or dimensions, but do want a piece to wrap around a 4x4, about 2-3’ tall, and a piece (s) to wrap around the outsides of a base (not sure what size would stabilize it). If I have a few other scraps, I might just tack them to some wood panels and hang them on the wall near the door frames he’s been scratching as a substitute. Ultimately, I’ll let the carpet scraps determine a pattern.

Light table rug:
I also want to try making a small area rug by stitching a strip of sturdy cloth around the edge of a carpet scrap, using the industrial sewing machine at my work. I would need something approximately 5-6’ x 5-6’ to sit under a light table to protect the hardwood floor.

1 Like

Let me know when you have time and I’ll meet you over at Booth. You can take as much as you like.

1 Like

Ok. I want to drop in to help out around Booth sometime this week and/or attend the meeting on the 17th (that’s at Booth as well, right?). I’ll have to see what works, but that should still save the trouble of making a special trip. Thank you

1 Like

Might try farhas I got a bunch of carpet used from thier bin out back one year for a carpet garden project. just ask them its free last time i tried

2 Likes

Some times the farhas carpet layer throw away remnants of new carpet cut offs and discontinued items in ben to just have to see little footwork but free