Carty McCartFace

The woodshop now has a mobile cart!
Use as much as needed, and please make it available for others to use.
Please also return it to the woodworking machine room when finished.
The handle can be removed by simply pulling it up and out, and dropped in place just as easily.

14 Likes

Good work!

Do we have the stuff to make a thing to lean vertical sheets on? I know thereā€™s the little set of wheels for a single sheet, but if somebody needs to move a sheet plus some 2x that would be handy. It could be removable too

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to get lowes to donate such carts. If such efforts should not be successful, we could and should definitely make such carts.

If we only had somewhere to weld up a cart, that would be cool.

1 Like

Iā€™m a little bothered that someone clearly had a Sharpie available but did not give Carty McCartFace an actual face :-p

10 Likes

I can offer jumbo googly eyes for the front.

8 Likes

Heres a face for you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be honest, I read this as ā€œCarty McFartFaceā€ a few times before realizing what it actually said. The mind sees what it wants I suppose.

4 Likes

Facepalm.
Whatever the name, Carty McCartface is doing an amazing job

3 Likes

A cart by any other name would still bear wood.

1 Like

get some painters in there to add decorations

No donā€™t do that. Any paint applied to the cart is going to rub off on projects that people put a lot of time and effort into. It would suck to have applied the perfect finish to a dresser only to have unwanted colors show up transporting it to the vehicle!!

4 Likes

thatā€™s true! didnā€™t think of that!

1 Like

I was thinking of seeing if @KatieOfConrad would be interested in doing a piece and then protecting it with a sheet of clear polycarbonate

3 Likes

Yeah, I could do that. Although it might be a little bit, as I have some projects I need to wrap up first.

1 Like

Awesome!

ā€˜have some projects I need to wrap up firstā€™

I really need to try that sometime

6 Likes