Can’t sign up for orientation tonight

Hey hey!
Happy Tuesday!

I have a friend, @NikkiGood, who joined and she’s trying to sign up for orientation and the wild apricots won’t let her. :frowning:

Could y’all help her out? @SteveO @gemma

Should she just show up tonight? Is that cool? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Best time to have her show up would be around 7pm tonight. I’m sure someone would be able to help her. Usually orientations are every other Monday and you can just show up then if you want. I could be wrong

1 Like

Neither Steve nor I are part of Membership Committee anymore. You might ask Rustin.

2 Likes

Michelle - Orientation is never on Monday, and people aren’t supposed to just show up. I think you’re thinking of Maker Monday.

3 Likes

@rustin.atkeisson can ya help out with this question? :slight_smile:

FYI @Membership

2 Likes

Sorry, you’re right. I was thinking of Maler Mondays and the old building

1 Like

I don’t know why it’s stopping @NikkiGood from signing up, but it still shows 13 slots left for the Member Orientation today at 6 p.m. I think it will be fine for @NikkiGood to show up for Orientation.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Did she get an email saying she was approved and could sign up?

The steps to be completed before that email go out are:

Profile completed by her
Payment made by her
Background check completed by security
Final approval completed by security

If she did the first two but didn’t get an email, then security hasn’t done their part yet. Since security have to be at Orientation anyway, they can finish their part then if they haven’t.

4 Likes

Nikki can reach out to:

membership@makeict.org
and/or
security@makeict.org

Just as a friendly reminder that those are the official channels of communication for something relating to an issue with a specific member or membership issues. Sending @s to leadership/committees or specific members on an open forum is not a secure way of resolving that issue.

3 Likes

Thanks for the steps @gemma!

Didn’t know asking for help/next steps was an issue that should be addressed securely. I had seen other people ask for help and get directions on here so :woman_shrugging:t3: My bad. Thanks for the directions.

Michael beat me to taking care of setting up her account.

1 Like