Bulk Window Donation Available (potential Greenhouse)

I have several windows available. They’re majority tempered glass, some whole but some disassembled greenhouse windows (~3’x6’)- double panes disassembled into single panes. I know there’s a donation process and I don’t know the details but if anyone in the Gardening Committee would like to spearhead the possibility of accepting these windows they’re available.

7 single panes
5 double panes
Various glass doors and windows of various sizes. Mostly large, ie shower doors.
6 double paned domestic windows (wood framed)

Already located only ~1.5 miles from the Makerspace, but you would need either an SUV or trailer to load. They’re scattered around the backyard, and things are crowded from cleaning out the property from a pest case, but there is a path. Would need at least 2 volunteers to carry the panes safely.

I live very close by and have permission + access to help clear out the property so I can work with flexible/sudden scheduling, but the owners do want the property cleared out ASAP. I do not know the deadline but do think it would ideally be within the next 3 days. Given the short time frame, I would be willing to give out panes individually for people who want to make cold frames, or if someone is independently & immediately able to supply labor, transportation, and storage to pick these up- I understand the donation process for MakeICT may take longer than 3 days.

2 Likes

That’s awesome.
@SeanSandefur

2 Likes

Update:

I can coordinate a SUV for the windows, and since I need to allow access to the property anyway I can also help load and unload the glass. As long as I have one volunteer to help with the loading and unloading (though more is always welcome as it would go much quicker) this is actionable.

I’d just need MakeICT to approve the donation and a space to store the windows, perhaps a corner of the garden. Anyone able to fast track a request, or point me in the right direction to do so?

1 Like

I’m available to be the second volunteer. I’m open noon-2pm the next two days (not today, however).

1 Like

Could you take on getting approval?

1 Like

@rustin.atkeisson

Rustin, can we go ahead and collect these windows and then handle the donation aspect at a later date? We can put them in the boiler room. I approve this as Garden Lead. I’m not totally sure how that process works.

1 Like

Since your lead you can approve the donation and accept them for your area without much to do. If you can fit them in the area of the boiler room already assigned to garden then i think thats all that needs done.

Just be aware that the boiler room still is in the process of clearing out the boiler scrap.

2 Likes

Then let’s go ahead and plan for noon-2pm tmrw. Sean I’ll dm you

2 Likes

@SeanSandefur
Pretty sure I dm-ed you but I don’t see the thread in my inbox. Not too familiar with the forum, lmk if you have any difficulties

2 Likes

I got it. I’ll see you tomorrow at noon. Thanks!

2 Likes

There’s a bit of a mess in the boiler room at the moment…

You may need to coordinate with Aaron and facilities on this one.

Rustin Atkeisson
MakeICT Treasurer

···

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 12:47 PM Sean Sandefur via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| SeanSandefur MakeICT Member
January 29 |

• | - |

@rustin.atkeisson

Rustin, can we go ahead and collect these windows and then handle the donation aspect at a later date? We can put them in the boiler room. I approve this as Garden Lead. I’m not totally sure how that process works.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes