Buddha prints

Whoever is printing the Buddha’s, be prepared for a partial failure. The two small “bumps” failed but buddhas still printing. Terrible stringing.

Your models were sliced for PETG not PLA. Way, way to hot on material and bed.

I did not correct it, I figured you would be by to check on it today.

2 Likes

Not my print, but just wanted to say good catch on the filament settings.

Do we have any official etiquette on cancelling others’ prints that are obviously going to fail? If this were my print and someone noticed it failing - especially if I had mismatched filament/settings - I’d definitely prefer them to just kill it where it stands, rather than have it go on wasting filament and printer time.

Though I’d still want the failed print, as it may have clues about why it failed and I may still be able to test some dimension on it that definitely still needs tweaking even though it’s my umpteenth time measuring, adjusting, and printing it (just me?)

2 Likes

Now in this case, the major part of print will complete . It will require post processing because of stringing.
Just a portion will need reprinted.

If it was a total failure, I too would prefer someone intervene and stop the print and notify me.

1 Like

We’re looking at some signage for rules and etiquette. Please provide your thoughts on what we should use.

2 Likes

Not comic sans…

3 Likes

So sans comic sans?

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=font+wars&oq=font+wars&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l9.5325j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:8ea40040,vid:i3k5oY9AHHM

This may be of help for font choices.

4 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me how fast a conversation can jump the tracks! :roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nope.

3 Likes