Bucket of old tools

I put a bucket of old tools underneath the welding table in the scrap pile. They are good for metal art projects. There is lots of good stuff in there. I wanted to put them in my locker, but there is too much. Anyone is welcome to use or restore anything in there. I cleaned out some unused toolboxes and put anything with the slightest hint of rust in this bucket. I don’t currently have a plan for any of it, but I could potentially use everything in there. It is only tools that I thought could be used for metal projects. Lots of pliers, wrenchs, rasps, drill bits, and stuff like that.
Please don’t throw them away or scrap them. If they are in the way or not wanted there I can find a different solution.
Thank you

8 Likes

MAKERSPACE TOOL RESTORATION VIDEOS!

Oh if I didn’t have a pile of tools to restore already that would be fun!

···

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022, 15:15 Sam Speer via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| samspeer MakeICT Member
December 1 |

• | - |

I put a bucket of old tools underneath the welding table in the scrap pile. They are good for metal art projects. There is lots of good stuff in there. I wanted to put them in my locker, but there is too much. Anyone is welcome to use or restore anything in there. I cleaned out some unused toolboxes and put anything with the slightest hint of rust in this bucket. I don’t currently have a plan for any of it, but I could potentially use everything in there. It is only tools that I thought could be used for metal projects. Lots of pliers, wrenchs, rasps, drill bits, and stuff like that.
Please don’t throw them away or scrap them. If they are in the way or not wanted there I can find a different solution.
Thank you

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

6 Likes

If the drills (assuming twist drills) are in better shape or of better quality than those in the cold shop, let’s replace those and use the cheap ones for art

4 Likes

There was a few that could still be used. There are a couple giant bits in there for a mill or something that are too big for any drill I have. They had a bit of rust but were still pretty sharp. I have many more misc bits here at home too still to sort. Ive been discarding pretty much anything that has any rest or isn’t a complete set. Feel free to do whatever you want with any of it. I can put there rest of the bits I have in one bucket.

1 Like

Big old bits make good leather stamps…

···

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022, 05:23 Sam Speer via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| samspeer MakeICT Member
December 2 |

• | - |

There was a few that could still be used. There are a couple giant bits in there for a mill or something that are too big for any drill I have. They had a bit of rust but were still pretty sharp. I have many more misc bits here at home too still to sort. Ive been discarding pretty much anything that has any rest or isn’t a complete set. Feel free to do whatever you want with any of it. I can put there rest of the bits I have in one bucket.

In Reply To

| whateg01
December 2 |

• | - |

If the drills (assuming twist drills) are in better shape or of better quality than those in the cold shop, let’s replace those and use the cheap ones for art

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.