Broken zipper on dog coat

I’m wondering what my options are for a repair on my dog’s coat. As I was putting the coat on him, for only the third time since I bought it, the zipper got stuck. As I was trying to get the pull tab freed up, it broke. The tab separated and came off.
I’d really prefer Velcro on there anyway. I don’t know how to use a sewing machine. Are there other good options for a wide Velcro strip to go over the area where the zipper is? I wasn’t sure if there is some type of textile glue that would hold well. The label says the outer part is recycled polyester. It’s kind of like windbreaker material. Any ideas on this?

1 Like

Any pics? I have several ideas but I want to make sure I understand what part is broken and how the zipper was originally sewn in. Velcro isn’t a good idea for animals because over time their hair builds up in the loops and it will no longer stick to the pile.

1 Like

@Malissa this is the coat. The zipper goes down the back of the dog. The little tab part that does the zipping is there on the left side.

The stop probably broke off, that’s an easy fix. I can’t get close enough on my phone, gets to blurry. I’ll be at the space Saturday 12:30-? My son is taking a class.

2 Likes

I have the 3D Printing Basics class at 2:00 Saturday so I could be there early to talk to you about the zipper issue. I’ll be sure to bring the coat. I really appreciate your help Malissa. And sorry, I’m not the greatest at taking good pics.

2 Likes