Breakfast with Pancakebot

Hey all. I need to practice up with the pancakebot and I want us to start doing artsy pancakes too. So on Saturday, I put a class for pancake bot (and we will also try to do arty pancakes). If you are interested in trying, sign up. I put a small charge on the class $5 so we can buy some pancake mix… but if you are short on cash, just show up!

5 Likes

Changed the time to 8am instead of 8pm… well that was an accident… :slight_smile: so I fixed it… thanks Tricia.

3 Likes

Oh and if you can’t get up for 8am… just show up later. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trying to drag my spouse in, how can I put in for 2 people?

Hey this could be fun, @Moon_Goddess and I were going to go over vinyl cutter a bit Saturday morning!

There is no way I can get my kid out by 8am, will you still be making pancakes at 9? I’ll just bring cash. I don’t need the class as much as I want to just see the pancake bot in action!

1 Like

Just bring him along!

···

On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 12:03 PM Kim Burton via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| kim Past President
April 12 |

• | - |

Hey this could be fun, @Moon_Goddess and I were going to go over vinyl cutter a bit Saturday morning!

There is no way I can get my kid out by 8am, will you still be making pancakes at 9? I’ll just bring cash. I don’t need the class as much as I want to just see the pancake bot in action!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Whenever you want to come is good… but I have to be a brunch with the board after 10:00!

···

On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 12:33 PM LaDeana Dockery <ladeana@makeict.org> wrote:

Just bring him along!

On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 12:03 PM Kim Burton via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| kim Past President
April 12 |

• | - |

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Can I lurk for the vinyl cutter instruction?
I just wish to cut a matte for a picture. Will show up with measurements and [practice] cardstock. Last instruction didnt fit my schedule.

It can’t cut a matte (far as I know) but you’re welcome to lurk!

2 Likes

Sounds like fun. I don’t need any class. I have enough as it is. If I can convince myself that morning is real, I’ll try to show up with a few bucks for food.

1 Like

So i just put into google the model number from the wiki.

Tons of info on blade types [2?] And blade life cutting different media. Its clear that blades last longest just cutting [thin] vinyl. Typical users reported 6 mo, daily use for instance. But lots of other films like reflector or prismatic film. Blades didnt last as long coz the film is thicker, and has hard inclusions.
Some users reported cardstock would half the life or less. Plenty users are cutting cardboard.

I will continue to research, and then play with the speeds needed to cut cardstock.

Im hoping to find somebody saying they are cutting mattes.

I had thot the blades were “ultrasonically active” but it seems they are just hella sharp.

I wonder if I could mount an ultrasonic transducer to the top of the blade? Something a bit stronger than a toothbrush or misting atomizer type. Im only interested in the vertical [sawing] blade motions.

I know, i know, A distraction project i dont need.