Brad Nailer?

I’m for cameras in the class rooms. I don’t like “BIG BROTHER” either but, sometimes we simply need a “BIG BROTHER” to watch out for us. There has been a lot of “MISSING” items lately from multiple departments. It “IS” time to put cameras in the class rooms. Like Savvy said, we are already watched all day long once we leave our house. I seriously think cameras in the classrooms will help a lot with accountability. With all the “MISSING-EQUIPMENT” lately it seems like the theft problem is growing. We need to stop letting problems go in the hopes they will work themselves out, they don’t, they grow into giant tsunami’s that become a huge complicated mess that becomes a giant cluster “BLEEP” because it got so big no one knows exactly what to do. Then the royal screw ups happen, then you get more disgruntled members, then we have situations where members quit and volunteers resign. Makeict needs to work smarter not harder in these types of situations. If we learn from past mistakes maybe we can stop repeating them for a change.

5 Likes

That seems a little odd. Normally we’d hear like, cameras are getting an upgrade or the computer running the show is getting an upgrade or something along those lines.

It seems like there’s plenty of people throwing out good ideas, but ultimately spinning their wheels/wasting time and brain power. It seems a better use of volunteer time would be to direct the flow of ideas.

Ex. “We’re installing new cameras/computer/badge system, but we haven’t considered xyz yet,” or something like that.

Also, how do you expect to recruit people to your work days to help install whatever you’re installing if they don’t know what it is. Different jobs require different skills :woman_shrugging:t3:

A public forum is not an appropriate place to discuss details of security measures.

2 Likes

Where is the appropriate place to have discussions? Will the board provide a functional way for the membership to communicate?

2 Likes

As we have a rash of incidents it doesn’t help broadcasting “Hey, we have deficiency X, we’re doing Y and it will happen on Z.” in a public section of the forum.

And the topic is straying from OP so lets get back to that.

its rather hard to state "we shouldn’t talk about this publicly " when its one of the bigger elephants in the room. This, unfortunately, is good, it brings it to light and it creates interest in fixing an issue, rather than shushing it away.
i think a tool crib is a great idea, this is just one of the things that happens with growth.

1 Like

Ha - I officially regret asking about a brad nailer! Hopefully I can chat with you guys at the space. I’m at maker Mondays now.

1 Like

The shelf of air tools (brad nailers and staple guns) was empty when I went looking a few weeks ago, but I did find one brad nailer in a black case on the back wall. Check there. Matching nails are in the case. Non-matching nails are in a labeled metal drawer.

There are also manual staplers in a metal cabinet, but no matching staples I could find anywhere.

2 Likes